Skip to main content

Footballer Adam Johnson sentenced to 6 years imprisonment

Adam Johnson
Ex-Sunderland footballer Adam Johnson has been sentenced to six years in prison for having sexual relations with a 15 year old girl. The jury passed out the judgement on the former England midfielder today, and at 28, his career as a professional footballer is surely over.

Johnson had earlier denied all four of the allegations until the first day of his trial when he pleaded guilty to one count of grooming and one count of kissing the schoolgirl.

Judge Jonathan Rose, upon pronouncing judgement told Johnson: “All of this is entirely your own responsibility and fault."



The judge said the victim had been a Sunderland fan who would wait after matches to take pictures of her “favourite player”, Johnson, who had known her age.

“That was known to you - to put it another way she had only just turned 15 when you began grooming her, because as you were to admit you found her sexually attractive. You continued in your grooming of this girl even after you were engaged in sexual activity with her. You wanted no-one to know that you and she were exchanging messages. You asked her to find a place to meet that was private and secluded so no-one would see you in her company. You made a deliberate decision to engage in sexual activity with this young girl, no doubt in the expectation that you would get away with it. Your future as a professional footballer must be in doubt.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chelsea managerial target Antonio Conte has confirmed he will step down as Italy head coach after Euro 2016.

Antonio Conte Sky in Italy reported in February that Conte is expected to sign a three-year deal to take over at Stamford Bridge and that his representatives have begun negotiations with Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia. Sources in Italy also suggest that Chelsea hope to confirm a new manager by the end of this month. The announcement that he will not renew his Italy contract was made earlier on Tuesday morning by Carlo Tavecchio, the president of the Italian FA, and has now been confirmed by Conte himself.

Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are on a combined total of 999 career goals

Messi & Ronaldo Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have made a habit of breaking records, and they are on the brink of another remarkable goal-scoring landmark. If Messi scores in Barcelona's Copa del Rey quarter-final against Athletic Bilbao on Wednesday, he will take a combined goal tally with Ronaldo to 1,000 goals for club and country. Since scoring his first Barcelona goal as a late substitute in a 2-0 win over Albacete in May 2005, Messi has hit 481 overall - including 49 for Argentina.

Alexis Sanchez Inspire Arsenal Back to Winning ways

Finally The Boys are back to winning ways. It was a glorious match with much intense. Bournemouth was so defensive and offensive. Good play of the ball. Our strong and might Alexis Sanchez finish the job by scoring 2 Goals with Theo Walcot scoring one goal. Alexis said "now I can go home with my dog happy" This is what the boss had to say: on whether he was surprised by Bournemouth’s quality?…